- READER REVIEWS
Capital One 360 Café
Mon-Fri, 7am-6pm; Sat-Sun, 10am-6pm
Nearby Subway Stops
4, 5, 6 at 59th St.; N, Q, R at Lexington Ave.-59th St.
American Express, Discover, MasterCard, Visa
- No Alcohol
Unlike coffee shops that ply patrons with frothy drinks and chocolate-drizzled éclairs, this bi-level café has a less-caffeinated mission in mind: virtual banking. Knowledgeable baristas pull double duty here, ringing up cups of Peet’s coffee and prepackaged baked goods while selling customers on the benefits of Capital One’s high-interest-rate savings accounts. Curious patrons can hop online to open or check an account at one of six computer stations—which offer free Internet access, of course—or skim the brochures strategically scattered near the window-side couches and the upstairs tables. There’s even a toy Savings Machine (a combination calculator, clock, and piggy bank) that encourages mini-accountants to get in on the banking action.
- Classic Desserts Are Returning to New York Menus
- You Can Feel Good About Eating This Inception Doughnut Because It’s Vegan
- Roberta’s Set to Take ‘Significant’ Investment From Tisch Family Member
- Watching a Machine From the 1800s Make Candy Is a Surprisingly Satisfying Way to End the Week
- NYC Can Start Fining Restaurants for Salt-Label Violations