Nearby Subway Stops
A, B, C, D, E, F, M at W. 4th St.-Washington Sq.
American Express, Discover, MasterCard, Visa
- Brunch - Weekend
- Dine at the Bar
- Notable Chef
- Full Bar
Bedford St. to Waverly Pl., Christopher St. to Sixth Ave.
This venue is closed.
Charleen Badman used to cook at the Lobster Club, but she always wanted her own place. Now, with the help of Anne Rosenzweig, her former boss and current partner, she's got one. Badman's style of cooking is influenced by her working vacations in places like Italy, where she learned to make ravioli, and Chez Panisse, where she immersed herself in the sort of hyper-seasonal cooking she's brought to this casually elegant dining room, with nothing breaking the $22 barrier. There's a small, appealing wine list, weekend brunch, and for inveterate nibblers unwilling to commit to a full meal, a bar menu is available.Recommended Dishes
Salt-and-pepper shrimp with grapefruit confit, $9; trout with Jerusalem artichokes and dill, $21; Newport steak, $21; creamed spinach "with almost no fat," $7
Recipes at Inside
- Scientists Pretty Sure Humans Could Eat Food Grown in Martian Soil
- Another Restaurant Bites the Dust on Clinton Street
- A Talented Pastry Chef Will Open a New Bakery in the Rockaways
- This 3-D Food Printer Actually Makes Pizza So You Don’t Have To
- Bergen Hill Relocates to Noho With a Seafood-Heavy Menu