- READER REVIEWS
Iridium Jazz Club
Nearby Subway Stops
1 at 50th St.; C, E at 50th St.; B, D, E at Seventh Ave.; N, Q, R at 49th St.
American Express, Discover, MasterCard, Visa
- Classic NY
- Good for Groups
- Live Music
- Theater District
- Full Bar
The surfeit of jazz dives that once lined 52nd Street is long gone—as are many of the musical icons who played there—but this sub-level Times Square venue does its best to recreate the halcyon days of the twenties and thirties. Sure, the air’s no longer smoky, the décor’s a shadow of what it was, and you’re sitting knee to knee with the European tourists at the next table, but true jazz aficionados overlook those minor details to hear sets played by some of the best-known names in the biz: guitarist Mike Stern, Jeff Beck and Steve Miller (who's also Les Paul's god son), to name a few. Monday-night headliner Les Paul (the 92-year old strummer so good he’s got a Gibson guitar named after him) sells out nearly every show he plays—so reserve your seats early and note the strict 24-hour cancellation policy. Sight lines are excellent; acoustics are top notch; most sets last little more than an hour.
- Scientists â€‹Pretty Sure Humans Could Eat Food Grown in Martian Soil
- Another Restaurant Bites the Dust on Clinton Street
- A Talented Pastry Chef Will Open a New Bakery in the Rockaways
- This 3-D Food Printer Actually Makes Pizza So You Don’t Have To
- Bergen Hill Relocates to Noho With a Seafood-Heavy Menu