Iron Sushi Fusion
Nearby Subway Stops
6 at 33rd St.
American Express, MasterCard, Visa
- Business Lunch
- Online Ordering
- Beer and Wine Only
14th St. to 52nd St., First Ave. to Sixth Ave.
- Order Delivery with seamless.com
This venue is closed.
About as basic as a neighborhood restaurant gets, Iron Sushi offers competent takes on Japanese staples, with a few surprises. Minimal décor – blonde wood furniture, vinyl banquettes, nature-themed screen prints – suggests the focus is on the plate, not the room. In the case of bland, too-cold sushi and sashimi, that’s not a good thing. But cooked appetizers like the “plum kiss” of scallop wrapped in salmon or the delicate miso eggplant entice. The real find here are elaborate, eight-piece special rolls. They’re clever combinations of generous fillings balanced with just enough rice, like the “Iron Roll” of spicy tuna, avocado, and eel, or a “Golden Sand” combo of peppered salmon, asparagus, and mango. T-shirted servers get easily distracted, and requests – water, napkins, check – take a while to process.Recommended Dishes
Iron Roll, $15; Golden Sand roll, $15
- Scientists â€‹Pretty Sure Humans Could Eat Food Grown in Martian Soil
- Another Restaurant Bites the Dust on Clinton Street
- A Talented Pastry Chef Will Open a New Bakery in the Rockaways
- This 3-D Food Printer Actually Makes Pizza So You Don’t Have To
- Bergen Hill Relocates to Noho With a Seafood-Heavy Menu