- READER REVIEWS
Island Burgers and Shakes
Sun-Thu, noon-10pm; Fri-Sat, noon-11pm
Nearby Subway Stops
1 at 79th St.
American Express, MasterCard, Visa
- Delivery after 10pm
- Beer and Wine Only
65th St. to 96th St., Central Park West to Riverside Dr.
Oozing with Southern Californian vibe, Island Burgers and Shakes specializes in burgers and chicken sandwiches, or churrascos, in countless permutations. A blackened churrasco is a couple of degrees of Cajun heat short of a call to Jacoby & Meyers, and needs only minor embellishment like blue cheese, or avocado and Monterey jack. Be sure to order yours on Sullivan Street Bakery ciabatta, and douse the flames with a malted.
- Scientists Pretty Sure Humans Could Eat Food Grown in Martian Soil
- Another Restaurant Bites the Dust on Clinton Street
- A Talented Pastry Chef Will Open a New Bakery in the Rockaways
- This 3-D Food Printer Actually Makes Pizza So You Don’t Have To
- Bergen Hill Relocates to Noho With a Seafood-Heavy Menu