- READER REVIEWS
Island Burgers and Shakes
Sun-Thu, noon-10pm; Fri-Sat, noon-11pm
Nearby Subway Stops
1 at 79th St.
American Express, MasterCard, Visa
- Delivery after 10pm
- Beer and Wine Only
65th St. to 96th St., Central Park West to Riverside Dr.
Oozing with Southern Californian vibe, Island Burgers and Shakes specializes in burgers and chicken sandwiches, or churrascos, in countless permutations. A blackened churrasco is a couple of degrees of Cajun heat short of a call to Jacoby & Meyers, and needs only minor embellishment like blue cheese, or avocado and Monterey jack. Be sure to order yours on Sullivan Street Bakery ciabatta, and douse the flames with a malted.
- Starbucks’s Plan to ‘Revitalize’ Ferguson Might Actually Work
- Pizza Inside a Delivery Box Made of Pizza Changes Everything
- Grub Street’s Restaurant Power Rankings: Jose Garces Opens, New New Nordic in Midtown, a 4-Star Tea Shop, and More
- Two Men Indicted in Massive French Laundry Wine Robbery
- Lucky Peach’s Chris Ying Follows Strangers for Late-Night Papas Rellenas