Jack's Stir Brew Coffee
Mon-Fri, 6:30am-7pm; Sun, 7am-7pm
Nearby Subway Stops
A, B, C, D, E, F, M at W. 4th St.-Washington Sq.; 1 at Christopher St.-Sheridan Sq.
American Express, Discover, MasterCard, Visa
- Live Music
- No Alcohol
Jack Mazzola attributes the rich, full-bodied flavor of his consistently delicious drip coffee to the stir brewer, a device of his own invention that oxygenates the grinds as they brew, purportedly reducing their acidity. There's also his proprietary blend of politically correct beans-certified organic, Fair Trade, and shade-grown-micro-roasted up in Vermont by a retiree Mazzola met, in typical coffee-geek fashion, through Dominican writer and coffee farmer Julia Alvarez. That sustainably grown philosophy extends to the rest of Jack's repertoire, from Ronnybrook Farm yogurt to H&H bagels, which he'll happily toast. Ultimately, it's what's in the cup that counts, and what makes Jack's intensely loyal clientele navigate the swarm of surrounding Starbucks for his fearlessly dark, consistently smooth cup that truly is good to the last drop.
Best of New York Awards
- Scientists Pretty Sure Humans Could Eat Food Grown in Martian Soil
- Another Restaurant Bites the Dust on Clinton Street
- A Talented Pastry Chef Will Open a New Bakery in the Rockaways
- This 3-D Food Printer Actually Makes Pizza So You Don’t Have To
- Bergen Hill Relocates to Noho With a Seafood-Heavy Menu