Nearby Subway Stops
B, C at 72nd St.; 1 at 66th St.-Lincoln Center
American Express, Discover, MasterCard, Visa
- Brunch - Weekend
- Dine at the Bar
- Delivery after 10pm
- Full Bar
This venue is closed.
This plain, smallish spot offers easy access to Mexican food in a neighborhood with a dearth of options. Jalapeño's big honking wraps are a modest improvement over the ones at nearby Harry's Burritos, and an expanded dinner menu offers more unique options like lamb shank with poblano risotto and chipotle suckling pig. Sadly, many items are bland despite their exotic ingredients and others are cooked without care as was the case with a plate of dried out carnitas tacos. An all-you-can-drink prix fixe brunch starts out with too-crunchy spicy cornbread and might proceed with a snoozer of an omelet filled with what appear to be canned veggies. Sitting at the small bar for a glass of Tempranillo or a two-ounce-strong margarita can be a pleasure. Avail yourself of the free chips with smoky salsa and be glad you don't need to fight the post-opera crowds at Rosa Mexicano.
- Grub Street’s Restaurant Power Rankings: Dizengoff, Olmsted, Günter Seeger, and More
- A Trailblazing Chef Arrives in NYC With This Ambitious New Restaurant
- Sauvage, From the Maison Premiere Team, Debuts in Greenpoint
- Australia Got Its Own Naked Restaurant
- Here’s What Bourdain Learned by Eating Noodles With President Obama