Nearby Subway Stops
B, C at 72nd St.; 1 at 66th St.-Lincoln Center
American Express, Discover, MasterCard, Visa
- Brunch - Weekend
- Dine at the Bar
- Delivery after 10pm
- Full Bar
This venue is closed.
This plain, smallish spot offers easy access to Mexican food in a neighborhood with a dearth of options. Jalapeño's big honking wraps are a modest improvement over the ones at nearby Harry's Burritos, and an expanded dinner menu offers more unique options like lamb shank with poblano risotto and chipotle suckling pig. Sadly, many items are bland despite their exotic ingredients and others are cooked without care as was the case with a plate of dried out carnitas tacos. An all-you-can-drink prix fixe brunch starts out with too-crunchy spicy cornbread and might proceed with a snoozer of an omelet filled with what appear to be canned veggies. Sitting at the small bar for a glass of Tempranillo or a two-ounce-strong margarita can be a pleasure. Avail yourself of the free chips with smoky salsa and be glad you don't need to fight the post-opera crowds at Rosa Mexicano.
- Supreme Court Won’t Stand in the Way of Seattle’s $15 Minimum Wage
- Congress Introduced a Bill to Keep Journalists From Snooping Around Big Food
- A Farming Cartoonist Was Fired for Joking About Big Agriculture
- Why This Leading London Chef Feels Energized by New York Kitchens
- Oxford Student Refuses to Tip Server Because She’s White