- READER REVIEWS
Nearby Subway Stops
F, G at Bergen St.; F, G at 15th St.-Prospect Park; F, G at Carroll St.
$5.50 - $11.25
- Open Kitchens / Watch the Chef
- Outdoor Dining
- Beer and Wine Only
This venue is closed.
JB’s Burger was a sleek French bistro in a former life, and hints of its past dot the cozy interior, with weathered Gallic ads for spices and umbrellas lining the walls. A candlelit plank-wood patio provides a more intimate atmosphere decorated in the same homey vein. With a menu limited to three generous salads, a bevy of sides, and four types of burger, JB’s is a straightforward entry into a crowded beefy field. Burger components laid on thick-enough slabs of quality beef, turkey, fish, and veggie mash don’t quite match a set of tiny toasted rolls that fit more like comic yarmulkes than proper buns; add a clump of relish and red onion crescents, and the same rolls carry the house hot dogs. Onion rings and fries satisfy under dollops of ketchup, but they almost certainly hail from the local freezer.Recommended Dishes
Serious Burger, $11.25
- Founder of Acclaimed Whiskey Brand WhistlePig Ousted Over Fraud Accusations
- Olive Garden Stakes Its Future on ‘Spaghetti Pie’
- Pravda, Another Formerly Trendy Soho Relic, Will Close Next Month
- Scientists May Have Discovered a Way to Keep Bananas Fresh at Least Twice As Long
- New York Accuses Domino’s of Helping Franchisees Steal Workers’ Wages