Nearby Subway Stops
A, B, C, D, E, F, M at W. 4th St.-Washington Sq.
American Express, Diners Club, Discover, MasterCard, Visa
- Bar Scene
- Brunch - Weekend
- Dine at the Bar
- Good for Groups
- Hot Spot
- Full Bar
This venue is closed.
The owner of Cafe Asean has branched out with a second restaurant whose poured-concrete floor, pleated acoustical-tile ceiling, and recessed light boxes are as much a modern departure from Asean's rustic hominess as the upscale New American menu is from satay and spring rolls. But Asian accents still appear in dishes like duck with bok choy and shitake mushrooms in a red wine and anise sauce.
New York Magazine Reviews
Best of New York Awards
- Scientists Pretty Sure Humans Could Eat Food Grown in Martian Soil
- Another Restaurant Bites the Dust on Clinton Street
- A Talented Pastry Chef Will Open a New Bakery in the Rockaways
- This 3-D Food Printer Actually Makes Pizza So You Don’t Have To
- Bergen Hill Relocates to Noho With a Seafood-Heavy Menu