- READER REVIEWS
Jessie’s Coffee Shop
It’s hard to imagine how this tiny, no-frills space, continually crammed with equal parts Willywick hipsters and patient neighborhood veterans, churns out so much food. The menu, scrawled over several chalkboards in colorful letters, offers endless options of meats, cheeses, veggies, and wraps from which to build the morning platter, burrito, or quesadilla of your dreams. The namesake breakfast burrito bursts with potatoes, jalapeños, cheddar, and eggs and will run you a mere $4, but huevos rancheros are not to be overlooked either: Unlike its brethren, this version is not too greasy, topped with gooey queso fresco and green salsa, then encased in a fresh tortilla. To satisfy neighborhood health nuts, there’s also a fresh-squeezed juice and smoothie menu. And while there’s also a full espresso list, it’s the $1 coffee that gets the most love.
- Scientists Pretty Sure Humans Could Eat Food Grown in Martian Soil
- Another Restaurant Bites the Dust on Clinton Street
- A Talented Pastry Chef Will Open a New Bakery in the Rockaways
- This 3-D Food Printer Actually Makes Pizza So You Don’t Have To
- Bergen Hill Relocates to Noho With a Seafood-Heavy Menu