- READER REVIEWS
Jiannetto's Pizza & Catering
Mon-Fri, 10am-4pm; Sat-Sun, closed
Nearby Subway Stops
2, 3 at Wall St.
American Express, MasterCard, Visa
- No Alcohol
Operating out of a cheerful truck near the heart of the Financial District, Jiannetto’s Pizza & Catering draws lunchtime crowds with grandma-style pizzas and Italian-American specialties. Located a block from the water on Wall Street, this humble spot is a favorite with ties and T-shirt types alike. There’s usually a line, but Jiannetto’s savory pies are worth the wait. They resemble the Sicilian slice in shape, but that’s where the similarity ends. The crusts are thin and pre-baked with a light layer of mozzarella cheese then topped with a generous ladling of freshly made sauce. The result is a delightful balance of crispiness, mild tomato, and subtly sweet cheese flavor. Solid pasta offerings — like creamy, ricotta-filled stuffed shells — round out the menu.
- You Can Feel Good About Eating This Inception Doughnut Because It’s Vegan
- Roberta’s Set to Take ‘Significant’ Investment From Tisch Family Member
- Watching a Machine From the 1800s Make Candy Is a Surprisingly Satisfying Way to End the Week
- NYC Can Start Fining Restaurants for Salt-Label Violations
- Broadway’s Megan Hilty Eats Her First Proper Dinner at Sardi’s