Joe Allen Restaurant
Mon-Tue, noon-11:45pm; Wed, 11:30am-11:45pm; Thu, noon-11:45pm; Fri, noon-midnight; Sat, 11:30am-midnight; Sun, 11:30am-11:45pm
Nearby Subway Stops
1, 2, 3, 7, N, Q, R, S at Times Sq.-42nd St.
American Express, Discover, MasterCard, Visa
- Brunch - Weekend
- Classic NY
- Dine at the Bar
- Theater District
- Online Reservation
- Full Bar
- Make a Reservation with opentable.com
A restaurant row mainstay since it first opened in 1965, Joe Allen retains the theatrical clientele that first put this American-style eatery on the map. The original proprietor, Joe Allen, used to extend a generous line of credit to monetarily-challenged actor-diners, but as the restaurant has become more prominent, so have its patrons. Rosie O'Donnell likes the grilled chicken sandwich with spicy Cajun mayonnaise and grilled onions on ciabatta bread, while another regular, Al Pacino, prefers the endive and watercress salad with Roquefort cheese and walnut dressing. The pre-theater crowd tends to be touristy, but industry types are a staple during lunch hours. Joe Allen is famous for its grilled burgers.Brunch
Sat.-Sun., 11:30 a.m.—3 p.m.
- FBI Looking for Man Who Sprinkled ‘Unknown Liquid Substance’ Around Whole Foods
- Taliban Fighters Are Unimpressed With McDonald’s Food
- Grumpy Del Taco Manager Fired After Not Understanding How Easy It Is to Post a Video Online
- Will Chickpea Water Be the Next Kale?
- Tony Danza’s Side Hustle Is Selling Mozzarella