Nearby Subway Stops
6 at 33rd St.
American Express, Diners Club, MasterCard, Visa
- Brunch - Weekend
- Good for Groups
- Outdoor Dining
- Full Bar
23rd St. to 51st St., First Ave. to Fifth Ave.
- Order Delivery with seamless.com
This venue is closed.
In these uncertain agricultural times, people question where their food comes from, and Louis Lanza, chef-owner of both Josie's on the Upper West Side and its Murray Hill outpost, is full of reassuring answers, most of them printed right on the menu. The sleek design shatters every health-food-restaurant cliche. Most appetizers and main dishes are dairy free but not necessarily meat free, so vegans can enjoy a veggie "meatloaf " while meat eaters wolf down a natural, free-range rotisserie chicken. A veggie burger or organic beef burger is served on its own; a mixed-eating-habit couple can put together a nice, inexpensive meal by ordering one burger each and splitting an order of steamed dumplings in a creamy red pepper coulis or a side of mashed sweet potatoes with cranberries. Follow up with a triple chocolate mousse torte, which may not be good for you but is wickedly good.Brunch
Sat., 11:30 a.m.—4 p.m.; Sun., 11 a.m.—4 p.m.; $16.95Recommended Dishes
Golden calamari, $9.75; dragon roll, $12
- Here’s What to Expect When Alinea Reopens
- Raccoon Lodge Closing on June 30
- Starbucks’s Plan to ‘Revitalize’ Ferguson Might Actually Work
- Pizza Inside a Delivery Box Made of Pizza Changes Everything
- Grub Street’s Restaurant Power Rankings: Jose Garces Opens, New New Nordic in Midtown, a 4-Star Tea Shop, and More