Josie's Restaurant West
Nearby Subway Stops
1, 2, 3 at 72nd St.
American Express, MasterCard, Visa
- Brunch - Weekend
- Dine at the Bar
- Good for Groups
- Private Dining/Party Space
- Online Reservation
- Full Bar
- Make a Reservation with opentable.com
57th St. to 90th St., Central Park West to Riverside Dr.
- Order Delivery with seamless.com
This venue is closed.
In these uncertain agricultural times, people question where their food comes from, and Louis Lanza, chef-owner of both Josie's on the Upper West Side and its now-closed Murray Hill outpost, is full of reassuring answers, most of them printed right on the menu. The sleek design shatters every health-food-restaurant cliche. All appetizers and main dishes can be made dairy free but not necessarily meat free, so vegans can enjoy a veggie "meatloaf" while meat eaters wolf down a natural, free-range meat dish. A mixed-eating-habit couple can put together a nice, inexpensive meal by ordering one entrée each and splitting an order of steamed dumplings in a creamy red pepper coulis or a side of mashed sweet potatoes with cranberries.Brunch
Sat.-Sun., 10 a.m.-3:45 p.m.
- Salad Chain Literally Everyone’s Obsessed With Bans Bacon and Sriracha From Its Menus
- Lin-Manuel Miranda βFinally Got His Sardi’s Portrait
- Dairy Queen Gives America ‘Ultimate Frappé’ Coffee Drinks
- GQ’s ‘12 Best New Restaurants of 2016’ Includes Wildair, Untitled, and Mimi
- Olmsted, From 3 Atera Alumni, Opens in Prospect Heights Tonight