- READER REVIEWS
Mon-Thu, noon-3pm and 4:30pm-10:45pm; Fri, noon-3pm and 4:30pm-11pm; Sat, 1pm-11pm; Sun, 1pm-10:30pm
Nearby Subway Stops
R at Union St.
American Express, Discover, MasterCard, Visa
- Kids' Menu
- Open Kitchens / Watch the Chef
- Outdoor Dining
- Delivery after 10pm
- Beer and Wine Only
- Sake and Soju
Fourth Ave. to Washington Ave., Atlantic Ave. to Prospect Ave.
- Order Delivery with seamless.com
Jpan screams “mid-price sushi establishment,” in the best possible way. The wood-centric design is minimalist without being cold, the service is gracious and attentive without being obsequious, and the food is tasty and aesthetically pleasing without being so amazing that the bill climbs out of the moderate price range. The menu features a typical selection of sushi, teriyaki, and noodle dishes supplemented with accents of nuts, berries, and tropical fruit—a tuna appetizer involves cranberries and almonds, while the “Sweetie Roll” comes topped with a creamy mango sauce. The ingredients in the various maki rolls are well balanced, and the fish itself is tender enough to make a sashimi order worthwhile. Combine this with a central location on Park Slope’s Fifth Avenue nightlife corridor and you have a crowded neighborhood favorite.
- Scientists â€‹Pretty Sure Humans Could Eat Food Grown in Martian Soil
- Another Restaurant Bites the Dust on Clinton Street
- A Talented Pastry Chef Will Open a New Bakery in the Rockaways
- This 3-D Food Printer Actually Makes Pizza So You Don’t Have To
- Bergen Hill Relocates to Noho With a Seafood-Heavy Menu