- READER REVIEWS
Nearby Subway Stops
1 at 103rd St.
American Express, Discover, MasterCard, Visa
- No Alcohol
This venue is closed.
Mounds of fresh fruit line the back walls of these health-conscious juice bars, where the drink menus read like a nutritious cocktail list, from wheatgrass shots to nourishing concoctions that would impress a seasoned mixologist. Smoothies range from refreshing (Pomegranate) to rich (Peanut Butter Split). Ingredients bring a global flavor: The Tropical Mangosteen smoothie makes Generation one of the few city spots serving the Southeast Asian fruit; some hot blends are based on Organic Yerba Maté tea from South America. A rotating array of organic soups are made daily, so while sandwiches and salads taste fresh for being pre-made, they lack the excitement of the liquid assets. If you’re craving something you can’t slurp, try the especially moist pumpkin muffins made with soy protein.Recommended Dishes
Organic roasted red pepper soup, $4.95/$5.45; tropical mangosteen smoothie, $5.95; peanut butter split, $5.95; soy protein pumpkin muffin, $1.75
- Scientists Pretty Sure Humans Could Eat Food Grown in Martian Soil
- Another Restaurant Bites the Dust on Clinton Street
- A Talented Pastry Chef Will Open a New Bakery in the Rockaways
- This 3-D Food Printer Actually Makes Pizza So You Don’t Have To
- Bergen Hill Relocates to Noho With a Seafood-Heavy Menu