- READER REVIEWS
Just Taste It
Nearby Subway Stops
G at Clinton-Washington Aves.; C at Clinton-Washington Aves.
- No Alcohol
This venue is closed.
Just Taste It joined Clinton Hill’s already packed soul food scene in 2009. This welcome addition to the crowd boasts an uber-casual, to-go vibe with just a few small tables crammed into the narrow space. Entrees, all under twelve bucks, range from fried catfish to fried chicken to not-fried tilapia, and are swamped with two sides (choosing from an extensive selection can be headspin-inducing). Play it safe with the crispier-than-most sweet potato fries and the mayo and egg-heavy potato salad; the seemingly tempting collard greens are actually overly soggy and the mac and cheese undersalted. And while the fried chicken might be a bit mild as far as batters go, the tangy BBQ variety is, to steal a phrase from another fried poultry purveyor, finger-lickin’ good.
- Scientists Pretty Sure Humans Could Eat Food Grown in Martian Soil
- Another Restaurant Bites the Dust on Clinton Street
- A Talented Pastry Chef Will Open a New Bakery in the Rockaways
- This 3-D Food Printer Actually Makes Pizza So You Don’t Have To
- Bergen Hill Relocates to Noho With a Seafood-Heavy Menu