- READER REVIEWS
Karavas Pizza 'n' Pita
Though the emphasis is on pizzas, not pitas (which are only served on the side), the culture clash implicit in the name is what makes this place more than just another corner slice joint. Not that the slices aren’t worthwhile, especially the barbecue chicken variation, but the offerings also extend to standard Greek fare like gyros, souvlaki, and baklava. The interior is as funky as the menu, with doors from both Seventh Avenue and Christopher Street leading into an oddly shaped space with bare-bones booths, ridged-copper walls, and an eclectic floor design. If you don’t see the owner, Nico Karavas, munching on a salad in the corner, then you might find him right around the corner at his larger sister establishment, Karavas Place.
- Scientists â€‹Pretty Sure Humans Could Eat Food Grown in Martian Soil
- Another Restaurant Bites the Dust on Clinton Street
- A Talented Pastry Chef Will Open a New Bakery in the Rockaways
- This 3-D Food Printer Actually Makes Pizza So You Don’t Have To
- Bergen Hill Relocates to Noho With a Seafood-Heavy Menu