Mon-Wed, 8am-10:45pm; Thu, 8am-2:45am; Fri, 8am-midnight; Sat, 24 hours; Sun, midnight-10:45pm
Nearby Subway Stops
F at Second Ave.
American Express, MasterCard, Visa
- Brunch - Daily
- Classic NY
- Good for Groups
- Late-Night Dining
- Private Dining/Party Space
- Teen Appeal
- Online Ordering
- Beer and Wine Only
Battery Pl. to 150th St., FDR Dr. to West Side Hwy.
- Order Delivery with delivery.com
Just stepping into what Milton Glaser and Jerome Snyder, New York's original Underground Gourmets, described some 50 years ago as a living, breathing Brueghel painting is still a great, odoriferous, slightly harrowing thrill. An ecstasy of chaos and clinking plates. No serious student of deli has not been to Katz's. Nothing else like it in the world. Yes, the pastrami and corned beef are hand-sliced and usually terrific, and that's why you go. But truth be told, it's the snappy hot dogs (natural-casing all-beef Sabrett's) we can't resist. Chalk it up to expert technique and what must be the flavor-enhancing mojo of a well-seasoned, decades-old griddle.Extra
Check out the photos and testimonials on the walls and windows: You'll find that Katz's counts among its faithful not just Billy Crystal and Meg Ryan but also Bill Clinton and a long line of other world leaders past and present.
Varies by location, check website for details.
Pastrami on rye, $19.95; knockwurst with beans, $13.95
- Broadway’s Megan Hilty Eats Her First Proper Dinner at Sardi’s
- Grub Street’s Restaurant Power Rankings: Dizengoff, Olmsted, G√ľnter Seeger, and More
- A Trailblazing Chef Arrives in NYC With This Ambitious New Restaurant
- Sauvage, From the Maison Premiere Team, Debuts in Greenpoint
- Australia Got Its Own Naked Restaurant