Mon-Wed, 8am-10:45pm; Thu, 8am-2:45am; Fri, 8am-midnight; Sat, 24 hours; Sun, midnight-10:45pm
Nearby Subway Stops
F at Second Ave.
American Express, MasterCard, Visa
- Brunch - Daily
- Classic NY
- Good for Groups
- Late-Night Dining
- Private Dining/Party Space
- Teen Appeal
- Online Ordering
- Beer and Wine Only
Battery Pl. to 150th St., FDR Dr. to West Side Hwy.
- Order Delivery with delivery.com
The oldest delicatessen in New York City (established 1888), Katz's is also the only place in town that still carves all its pastrami and corned beef by hand—and it makes a huge difference. It doesn't hurt that these products are the best available, as are the frankfurters, knockwurst, knishes and other Jewish deli staples. The ritual of interacting with the countermen is one of the great New York experiences. One table in the middle of the dining room bears an inconspicuous paper sign taped to its surface: "You are sitting at the table where Harry met Sally."Extra
Check out the photos and testimonials on the walls and windows: You'll find that Katz's counts among its faithful not just Billy Crystal and Meg Ryan but also Bill Clinton and a long line of other world leaders past and present.
Varies by location, check website for details.
Pastrami on rye, $19.95; knockwurst with beans, $13.95
- Introducing the Pie Sundae, Which You Can Go and Eat â€‹Right Now
- CafĂ© Henrie’s Light, Bright Dinner Menu Launches Tonight
- Mayor de Blasio Urges New Yorkers to Avoid Chick-fil-A
- FBI Apprehends Whole Foods Customer It Says Sprayed Mouse Poison in the Store
- Grim New Study Says Some Pacific Oysters Contain ‘a Cocktail of Pharmaceuticals’