- READER REVIEWS
Ken & Cook
Nearby Subway Stops
J, Z at Bowery; 6 at Spring St.
American Express, Discover, MasterCard, Visa
- Hot Spot
- Full Bar
- Make a Reservation with opentable.com
A pair of Jean-Georges–ers opened Ken & Cook in the old Travertine space, whose look a rep described to us as "industrial brasserie." There is indeed a Frenchy feel to the place but with a downtown New York spin in the form of tin ceilings, exposed brick—that sort of thing. Managing partner Artan Gjoni and chef Richard Diamonte are both veterans of Mercer Kitchen; the latter's menu leans luxe American: a raw bar, steak tartare, oysters Rockefeller, pork belly with ramps, and a Wagyu burger.
- Scientists â€‹Pretty Sure Humans Could Eat Food Grown in Martian Soil
- Another Restaurant Bites the Dust on Clinton Street
- A Talented Pastry Chef Will Open a New Bakery in the Rockaways
- This 3-D Food Printer Actually Makes Pizza So You Don’t Have To
- Bergen Hill Relocates to Noho With a Seafood-Heavy Menu