- READER REVIEWS
Ken & Cook
Nearby Subway Stops
J, Z at Bowery; 6 at Spring St.
American Express, Discover, MasterCard, Visa
- Hot Spot
- Full Bar
- Make a Reservation with opentable.com
A pair of Jean-Georges–ers opened Ken & Cook in the old Travertine space, whose look a rep described to us as "industrial brasserie." There is indeed a Frenchy feel to the place but with a downtown New York spin in the form of tin ceilings, exposed brick—that sort of thing. Managing partner Artan Gjoni and chef Richard Diamonte are both veterans of Mercer Kitchen; the latter's menu leans luxe American: a raw bar, steak tartare, oysters Rockefeller, pork belly with ramps, and a Wagyu burger.
- Colonia Verde’s Next Sunday Asado Features Alex Raij and Fany Gerson
- Levain Bakery, and Its Tremendous Cookies, Are Moving to a Bigger Space
- Starbucks Introduces Nitrogen-Infused Cold Brew, Just Wants to Be One of the Cool Kids
- ‘Renegade’ Ice-Cream Trucks Terrorizing Mister Softee Drivers
- Classic Desserts Are Returning to New York Menus