- READER REVIEWS
Mon-Thu, 6pm-2am; Fri-Sat, 6pm-4am; Sun, 3pm-1am
Nearby Subway Stops
6 at Astor Pl.
American Express, MasterCard, Visa
- Good for Groups
- Late-Night Dining
- Beer and Wine Only
- Sake and Soju
Just our luck. With the kitchen fresh out of turkey testicles and bull penises we were left to choose from the list of 100 or so other small plates at this raucous izakaya. We gnawed on grilled corn-on-the-cob drizzled with the house sweet sauce, wallowed in a gooey okonomiyaki (cabbage-and-egg pancake), and almost sparked a flame jousting chopsticks over an unctous miso-marinated grilled mackerel. Codgers and Bloomberg beware: This place is as loud as a Times Square pinball arcade. Speakers that the owners must have scored cheap from the MTA don't help.Note
Reservations are not accepted on Fridays and Saturdays.
- Scientists Pretty Sure Humans Could Eat Food Grown in Martian Soil
- Another Restaurant Bites the Dust on Clinton Street
- A Talented Pastry Chef Will Open a New Bakery in the Rockaways
- This 3-D Food Printer Actually Makes Pizza So You Don’t Have To
- Bergen Hill Relocates to Noho With a Seafood-Heavy Menu