Nearby Subway Stops
F, G, R at Fourth Ave.-9th St.
American Express, MasterCard, Visa
- Online Ordering
- Beer and Wine Only
17th St. to Flatbush Ave., Prospect Park West to Fourth Ave.
- Order Delivery with grubhub.com
Park Slope has never lacked Indian eateries, but historically most were nothing exciting. Thankfully, things change. A recent proliferation includes the South Slope's Kinara's, where the kitchen is not afraid of spice, flavors are vibrant and well-balanced, and a noticeable but appropriate amount of heat enlivens many dishes. Samosas are crispy without being greasy, and the accompanying cilantro chutney is particularly fresh (and artfully swirled with its sweeter complement, tamarind chutney). Saag paneer, assertively seasoned with cumin, is also well-blended and bright; squares of cheese prove light and delicate. In addition to crowd-pleasing Northern Indian favorites, Kinara's offers Goan fish curries, from southwestern India, that may just be the best dishes on the menu. A collection of beautiful Bengali Nakshikantha cheers an otherwise ordinary interior while the Bollywood soundtracks playing in the background keep the mood festive.Recommended Dishes
Malai kofta, $10.95; goan shrimp curry, $13.95; crab curry, $13.95
- Supreme Court Won’t Stand in the Way of Seattle’s $15 Minimum Wage
- Congress Introduced a Bill to Keep Journalists From Snooping Around Big Food
- A Farming Cartoonist Was Fired for Joking About Big Agriculture
- Why This Leading London Chef Feels Energized by New York Kitchens
- Oxford Student Refuses to Tip Server Because She’s White