Nearby Subway Stops
F, G, R at Fourth Ave.-9th St.
American Express, MasterCard, Visa
- Online Ordering
- Beer and Wine Only
17th St. to Flatbush Ave., Prospect Park West to Fourth Ave.
- Order Delivery with grubhub.com
Park Slope has never lacked Indian eateries, but historically most were nothing exciting. Thankfully, things change. A recent proliferation includes the South Slope's Kinara's, where the kitchen is not afraid of spice, flavors are vibrant and well-balanced, and a noticeable but appropriate amount of heat enlivens many dishes. Samosas are crispy without being greasy, and the accompanying cilantro chutney is particularly fresh (and artfully swirled with its sweeter complement, tamarind chutney). Saag paneer, assertively seasoned with cumin, is also well-blended and bright; squares of cheese prove light and delicate. In addition to crowd-pleasing Northern Indian favorites, Kinara's offers Goan fish curries, from southwestern India, that may just be the best dishes on the menu. A collection of beautiful Bengali Nakshikantha cheers an otherwise ordinary interior while the Bollywood soundtracks playing in the background keep the mood festive.Recommended Dishes
Malai kofta, $10.95; goan shrimp curry, $13.95; crab curry, $13.95
- Silicon Valley Start-Up Working to Create a World Where All Pizza Is Cooked by Robots
- Japanese Chain Debuts Predictably Bonkers Ghostbusters Burgers
- Brooklyn’s Take Root Will Host Its First Designer Pop-up This Weekend
- The Stonewall Inn Is Now a National Monument
- IHOP Staffers Turned Their Entire Restaurant Into an All-out Brawl