- READER REVIEWS
Mon-Fri, 11am-11pm; Sat-Sun, noon-11pm
Nearby Subway Stops
4, 5, 6, L, N, Q, R at 14th St.-Union Sq.; L at Third Ave.
American Express, MasterCard, Visa
- Online Ordering
- Delivery after 10pm
- Beer and Wine Only
- Sake and Soju
Midtown East, Upper East Side
Don’t expect decor or notable service at this no-frills institutional sushi bar. Do expect sushi of well above average freshness, avocado that’s tender year-round, and a small, quiet dining room steps away from the crowds of Union Square. Everything breaded, from the silky age tofu appetizer to the crispy shrimp tempura, arrives lightly fried without excess oil. Skip the teriyaki and udon offerings, which fail to rise above fast-food fare, and focus on the sushi. The spicy-tuna volcano roll is particularly addictive.
- Scientists Pretty Sure Humans Could Eat Food Grown in Martian Soil
- Another Restaurant Bites the Dust on Clinton Street
- A Talented Pastry Chef Will Open a New Bakery in the Rockaways
- This 3-D Food Printer Actually Makes Pizza So You Don’t Have To
- Bergen Hill Relocates to Noho With a Seafood-Heavy Menu