Mon-Thu, 11:45am-2:30pm and 5:30pm-11pm, Fri, 11:45am-2:30pm and 5:30pm-11:30pm; Sat, 5:30pm-11:30pm; Sun, 6pm-11pm
Nearby Subway Stops
B, D, F, M at 42nd St.-Bryant Park
American Express, Discover, MasterCard, Visa
- Good for Groups
- Hot Spot
- Private Dining/Party Space
- Online Reservation
- Full Bar
- Make a Reservation with opentable.com
What are you willing to endure for a good meal? Unruly crowds? A crushing din? A sneering doorman? That meal is waiting for you at Koi. Koi's kitchen revels in, and often excels at, reproducing the alluring and inventive sauces and marinades that are the hallmark of its exclusive original outpost in Los Angeles. Here's sushi of superior freshness and clarity, including the kind of crisp, tight, hand-cut specialty rolls that Californians crave with the same gusto they do Juicy Couture. Still, the owners of Koi appear to be at least as interested in chaos as cuisine. A perpetually prowling bar crowd dominates the room, looming over neighboring tables, blocking servers, and raising the sound levels so high that dinner companions have to bark to converse. The house's solution? Make the music louder. It's not easy to eat when your teeth are rattling.
- Here Are 2016’s James Beard Restaurant and Chef Award Winners
- FBI Looking for Man Who Sprinkled ‘Unknown Liquid Substance’ Around Whole Foods
- Taliban Fighters Are Unimpressed With McDonald’s Food
- Grumpy Del Taco Manager Fired After Not Understanding How Easy It Is to Post a Video Online
- Will Chickpea Water Be the Next Kale?