This venue is closed.
This deceptively casual Clinton Hill restaurant, painted in bright, warm tones and decorated with pieces of African art, specializes in French-influenced African cuisine that's prepared with a skillful hand. The menu isn't extensive, but that allows the chef to be particular about the details. Among them are the nicely blended vinaigrette topping a salad, the piquant bite of a skirt steak’s buttery pepper sauce, and the creamy peanut stew bobbing with shrimp, yams, mussels and salmon. And the desserts, like the plantain and apple tatin, served with ice cream and caramel sauce, show as much care as the main courses. The restaurant also has a varied selection of South African wines, and serves a weekend brunch.Recommended Dishes
Seafood maffe, $14.50; skirt steak, $15.50
- Scientists â€‹Pretty Sure Humans Could Eat Food Grown in Martian Soil
- Another Restaurant Bites the Dust on Clinton Street
- A Talented Pastry Chef Will Open a New Bakery in the Rockaways
- This 3-D Food Printer Actually Makes Pizza So You Don’t Have To
- Bergen Hill Relocates to Noho With a Seafood-Heavy Menu