- READER REVIEWS
L'Arte Del Gelato
Sun-Thu, 11am-8pm; Fri-Sat, 11am-9pm
Nearby Subway Stops
A, C, E at 14th St.
- Great Desserts
- Teen Appeal
- No Alcohol
Located in the entry of Chelsea Market’s cooking-supply store Bowery Kitchen, this yellow-and-white-striped gelato stand doesn’t have the real estate to afford its customers many tables and chairs. Instead, it makes the most of what’s on offer, with an ever-changing roster of 22 flavors—all made fresh daily—including at least eight sorbetti. Proprietor Francesco Realmuto sometimes can be found scooping out the tart cherry vanilla or a cinnamon-tinged crème brûlée into the colorful plastic cups and the crisp waffle cones. He’s also been known to man the traveling party cart which can be rented for birthdays and conventions.Extra
For a sweet and simple dinner-party finish, there’s a 30-serving party pack: four quarts of gelato or sorbet, with spoons and cups. Order by 6 p.m. the day before your soirée.
- Scientists â€‹Pretty Sure Humans Could Eat Food Grown in Martian Soil
- Another Restaurant Bites the Dust on Clinton Street
- A Talented Pastry Chef Will Open a New Bakery in the Rockaways
- This 3-D Food Printer Actually Makes Pizza So You Don’t Have To
- Bergen Hill Relocates to Noho With a Seafood-Heavy Menu