L'Arte Del Gelato
Sun-Thu, noon-midnight; Fri-Sat, noon-1am
Nearby Subway Stops
1 at Christopher St.-Sheridan Sq.
- Great Desserts
- Teen Appeal
- No Alcohol
This up-and-coming mini-chain was founded in 2005 with a Chelsea Market stand under the not-so-confidence-inspiring name Jimmy’s Gelato—“Jimmy” being, according to expat Sicilian partner Francesco Realmuto, the closest American equivalent of his father’s name, Vincenzo. When that didn’t catch on he rechristened it L’Arte del Gelato and expanded two years later with this West Village branch.Extra
For a sweet and simple dinner-party finish, there’s a 30-serving party pack: four quarts of gelato or sorbet, with spoons and cups. Order by 6 p.m. the day before your soirée.
- Classic Desserts Are Returning to New York Menus
- You Can Feel Good About Eating This Inception Doughnut Because It’s Vegan
- Roberta’s Set to Take ‘Significant’ Investment From Tisch Family Member
- Watching a Machine From the 1800s Make Candy Is a Surprisingly Satisfying Way to End the Week
- NYC Can Start Fining Restaurants for Salt-Label Violations