L'Arte Del Gelato
Sun-Thu, noon-midnight; Fri-Sat, noon-1am
Nearby Subway Stops
1 at Christopher St.-Sheridan Sq.
- Great Desserts
- Teen Appeal
- No Alcohol
This up-and-coming mini-chain was founded in 2005 with a Chelsea Market stand under the not-so-confidence-inspiring name Jimmy’s Gelato—“Jimmy” being, according to expat Sicilian partner Francesco Realmuto, the closest American equivalent of his father’s name, Vincenzo. When that didn’t catch on he rechristened it L’Arte del Gelato and expanded two years later with this West Village branch.Extra
For a sweet and simple dinner-party finish, there’s a 30-serving party pack: four quarts of gelato or sorbet, with spoons and cups. Order by 6 p.m. the day before your soirée.
- Scientists â€‹Pretty Sure Humans Could Eat Food Grown in Martian Soil
- Another Restaurant Bites the Dust on Clinton Street
- A Talented Pastry Chef Will Open a New Bakery in the Rockaways
- This 3-D Food Printer Actually Makes Pizza So You Don’t Have To
- Bergen Hill Relocates to Noho With a Seafood-Heavy Menu