Nearby Subway Stops
B, D at Grand St.; F, J, M, Z at Delancey St.-Essex St.
- Brunch - Weekend
- Dine at the Bar
- Beer and Wine Only
This venue is closed.
Allan Feldman has cooked fancy French at La Grenouille and New American at Veritas, and he returns to his Mexican (yes, Mexican) roots with La Barra, a diminutive cevichería on the Lower East Side. Joined in this seafood-centric venture by three childhood friends and former classmates at the American School in Mexico City, Feldman plans to offer a half-dozen versions of the flash-cured fish, ranging from red snapper to octopus. There are also vegetarian soups and seafood bisques, Argentine-style empanadas, and shrimp and chicken posoles, plus a raw bar and Latin American beer and wine. The storefront seats 22 (ten at the subway-tiled bar), and is open everyday until 1 a.m., and Saturday and Sunday for brunch.
- Scientists Pretty Sure Humans Could Eat Food Grown in Martian Soil
- Another Restaurant Bites the Dust on Clinton Street
- A Talented Pastry Chef Will Open a New Bakery in the Rockaways
- This 3-D Food Printer Actually Makes Pizza So You Don’t Have To
- Bergen Hill Relocates to Noho With a Seafood-Heavy Menu