La Cabaña Argentina
Sun-Thu, noon-10pm; Fri-Sat, noon-11pm
Nearby Subway Stops
7 at 82nd St.-Jackson Heights
American Express, Discover, MasterCard, Visa
- Good for Groups
- Private Dining/Party Space
- Full Bar
Roosevelt Ave. to 30th Ave., 75th St. to 92nd St.
Jackson Heights harbors several rustically elegant Argentinean steakhouses with carved-wood accents and tango overhead and La Cabaña Argentina takes just pride in its classic mixed grill. Here, the menu is properly heaped with cooked-to-order skirt steak, rib steak, sweetbreads, chorizo, and blood sausage. Clearly, this gracious little place and its chatty waiters aim to please. La Cabaña also finesses two Argentinian and American favorites: pasta and pizza. The pasta menu invites you to mix and match noodles with sauces—say, linguine with Bolognese or gnocchi with Alfredo, while the mozzarella-lavished, medium-sized pizzas are baked in the wood-burning brick oven which takes credit for the crisp, flavorful empanadas as well.Recommended Dishes
Beef empanada, $1.95; La Cabaña pizza, $10.95; fettuccine Alfredo, $15.95; parrillada ($23.50 for one, $35.50 for two)
- Here Are 2016’s James Beard Restaurant and Chef Award Winners
- FBI Looking for Man Who Sprinkled ‘Unknown Liquid Substance’ Around Whole Foods
- Taliban Fighters Are Unimpressed With McDonald’s Food
- Grumpy Del Taco Manager Fired After Not Understanding How Easy It Is to Post a Video Online
- Will Chickpea Water Be the Next Kale?