Nearby Subway Stops
1 at Houston St.; C, E at Spring St.
American Express, Discover, MasterCard, Visa
- Bar Scene
- Business Lunch
- Good for Groups
- Full Bar
This venue is closed.
From the owners of shuttered Park Slope restaurant Maria's Mexican Bistro, La Camelia features full-flavored eats in colorful environs, brightening up a blah South Village strip above Houston Street. Like many Mexican places, the starters outshine the entrées. Keep your attention on the left side of the menu and order three-cheese fundido, a melted cheese extravaganza that's eaten with freshly pressed tortillas. These are made in the back of the dining room and also used for the assortment of tacos. Chiles rellenos stuffed with chicken, cheese, raisins, and nuts are addictive. Order them as a starter, or as an entrée with rice and beans. With tasty small bites, over 100 tequilas to taste, and a strong lineup of margaritas, La Camelia is ripe for an after-work scene.Recommended Dishes
Chile relleno de pollo, $12; tacos, three for $16
- Scientists Pretty Sure Humans Could Eat Food Grown in Martian Soil
- Another Restaurant Bites the Dust on Clinton Street
- A Talented Pastry Chef Will Open a New Bakery in the Rockaways
- This 3-D Food Printer Actually Makes Pizza So You Don’t Have To
- Bergen Hill Relocates to Noho With a Seafood-Heavy Menu