Nearby Subway Stops
1 at Houston St.; C, E at Spring St.
American Express, Discover, MasterCard, Visa
- Bar Scene
- Business Lunch
- Good for Groups
- Full Bar
This venue is closed.
From the owners of shuttered Park Slope restaurant Maria's Mexican Bistro, La Camelia features full-flavored eats in colorful environs, brightening up a blah South Village strip above Houston Street. Like many Mexican places, the starters outshine the entrées. Keep your attention on the left side of the menu and order three-cheese fundido, a melted cheese extravaganza that's eaten with freshly pressed tortillas. These are made in the back of the dining room and also used for the assortment of tacos. Chiles rellenos stuffed with chicken, cheese, raisins, and nuts are addictive. Order them as a starter, or as an entrée with rice and beans. With tasty small bites, over 100 tequilas to taste, and a strong lineup of margaritas, La Camelia is ripe for an after-work scene.Recommended Dishes
Chile relleno de pollo, $12; tacos, three for $16
- You Can Feel Good About Eating This Inception Doughnut Because It’s Vegan
- Roberta’s Set to Take ‘Significant’ Investment From Tisch Family Member
- Watching a Machine From the 1800s Make Candy Is a Surprisingly Satisfying Way to End the Week
- NYC Can Start Fining Restaurants for Salt-Label Violations
- Broadway’s Megan Hilty Eats Her First Proper Dinner at Sardi’s