Mon-Fri, noon-3:30pm and 5pm-11pm; Sat-Sun, 11:30am-3:30pm and 5pm-11pm
Nearby Subway Stops
A, C, E at 14th St.; L at Eighth Ave.
American Express, MasterCard, Visa
- Brunch - Weekend
- Live Music
- Open Kitchens / Watch the Chef
- Private Dining/Party Space
- Full Bar
On a charm-free, windswept corner, La Lunchonette beckons with Hernando's Hideaway intrigue. It could be because Jean-François Fraysse, the chef-owner, radiates the passion of a tamed romantic rascal. Devoted to his wife, Melva (who is also the manager and co-owner), and two kids, he cooks as if each meal were testament of his love for them. His rabbit with prunes, muskily sweet venison studded with quince, cassoulet to get lost in, and golden-glazed tarte Tatin are all surefire seductions. The next time you bemoan the trysts and turns one has to go through on this island to find a romantic spot with more than a votive candle, find that too-low window set in an unassuming door, and turn the knob.
- Scientists Pretty Sure Humans Could Eat Food Grown in Martian Soil
- Another Restaurant Bites the Dust on Clinton Street
- A Talented Pastry Chef Will Open a New Bakery in the Rockaways
- This 3-D Food Printer Actually Makes Pizza So You Don’t Have To
- Bergen Hill Relocates to Noho With a Seafood-Heavy Menu