- READER REVIEWS
Nearby Subway Stops
2, 3, 4, 5 at Borough Hall; R at Court St.
- Delivery after 10pm
- Beer and Wine Only
Kane St to Tillary St; Hoyt St. to Columbia St.
This venue is closed.
The decent pizza at this small Brooklyn Heights spot isn’t anything to travel for, but the creative toppings and pleasant service make it a good option for those in the neighborhood. Offbeat flavor combinations, as in the Vesuvio calzone filled with mozzarella, tomato sauce, spicy salami, and gorgonzola, can be hits, but others flop, like the Friulana pizza with mozzarella, tomato sauce, prosciutto, and apples (they should have stuck with the more typical fig topping for sweetness). Simpler options are obviously safer: The sausage-and-mushroom bedecked Abbruzzese pizza is pleasantly chewy, and bruschette topped with prosciutto and mozzarella proves you can never go wrong with pork and melted cheese. The light fixtures are made out of colanders and cheese graters, but the space is saved from utter cutesiness by the simplicity of the rest of the décor.Recommended Dishes
Abbruzzese pizza, $11.45; Vesuvio calzone, $12.45
- Scientists Pretty Sure Humans Could Eat Food Grown in Martian Soil
- Another Restaurant Bites the Dust on Clinton Street
- A Talented Pastry Chef Will Open a New Bakery in the Rockaways
- This 3-D Food Printer Actually Makes Pizza So You Don’t Have To
- Bergen Hill Relocates to Noho With a Seafood-Heavy Menu