- READER REVIEWS
La Maison du Couscous
Nearby Subway Stops
R at 77th St.
American Express, Discover, MasterCard, Visa
- Beer and Wine Only
This venue is closed.
Devoid of the usual "atmospherics," this terrific Moroccan restaurant focuses on the food—succulent tagines and fluffy couscous—instead of exotic décor and shimmying entertainment. Even so, it would take an especially hyperkinetic belly shaker to distract us from a flaky, aromatic chicken b'steeya, or a fragrant lamb tagine, its meat as soft as the plump raisins and prunes it's cooked with. Local expats congregate here for strong coffee and honey-steeped pastries, and if we lived anywhere nearby, so would we.
Chicken bastilla, $16.95; lamb Tangine, $15.95
New York Magazine Reviews
- Scientists â€‹Pretty Sure Humans Could Eat Food Grown in Martian Soil
- Another Restaurant Bites the Dust on Clinton Street
- A Talented Pastry Chef Will Open a New Bakery in the Rockaways
- This 3-D Food Printer Actually Makes Pizza So You Don’t Have To
- Bergen Hill Relocates to Noho With a Seafood-Heavy Menu