Mon-Sat, 10am-8pm; Sun, 11:30am-6pm
Nearby Subway Stops
6 at 28th St.
American Express, MasterCard, Visa
- Reservations Not Required
- No Alcohol
14th St. to 34th St., First Ave. to Fifth Ave.
At first glance, Lamazou looks like an unremarkable deli, but it’s this spot’s menu of traditional and inventive gourmet sandwiches that sets it apart. Classic Italian sandwiches like the aptly named Lamazou Favorite (proscuitto di parma, mozzarella and roasted red peppers, drizzled with balsamic) and the Italico (Mortadella, salami and provolone) showcase a mastery of the basics; unusual combinations like the Butterfly (pate, munster, cornichons & butter) or Z’Tuna (tuna salad with spicy harissa and olive paste) satisfy more adventurous appetites. There are plenty of vegetarian options, and all bread comes from Balthazar, Sullivan Street Bakery and Il Forno. During the busy lunch rush, the line moves at an occasionally frustrating pace, so it’s best to call in your order ahead.Recommended Dishes
Italico, $9.75; Bohemian, $9.75; Z’Tuna, $9.75; Tiramisu, $3.50
- Scientists Pretty Sure Humans Could Eat Food Grown in Martian Soil
- Another Restaurant Bites the Dust on Clinton Street
- A Talented Pastry Chef Will Open a New Bakery in the Rockaways
- This 3-D Food Printer Actually Makes Pizza So You Don’t Have To
- Bergen Hill Relocates to Noho With a Seafood-Heavy Menu