- READER REVIEWS
Nearby Subway Stops
1 at Canal St.
American Express, Discover, MasterCard, Visa
- Bar Scene
- Brunch - Weekend
- Good for Groups
- Late-Night Dining
- Reservations Not Required
- Full Bar
- Make a Reservation with opentable.com
This venue is closed.
Julie Reiner of Clover Club and Flatiron Lounge is behind Lani Kai. Her brother Chris has brightened up the old Tailor space in tropical fashion with a capiz chandelier and back bar, and other shell and wood elements. Partner Michael Brais oversaw the design of the two rooms, including the installation of lush tropical plants and a gas fireplace meant to look like a fire pit. Small bites include bar food like crab wontons and pulled pork sliders, and for groups there are large "luau" platters, including a tempura-fried whole red snapper.
- Scientists Pretty Sure Humans Could Eat Food Grown in Martian Soil
- Another Restaurant Bites the Dust on Clinton Street
- A Talented Pastry Chef Will Open a New Bakery in the Rockaways
- This 3-D Food Printer Actually Makes Pizza So You Don’t Have To
- Bergen Hill Relocates to Noho With a Seafood-Heavy Menu