- READER REVIEWS
Nearby Subway Stops
F, J, M, Z at Delancey St.-Essex St.
American Express, Discover, MasterCard, Visa
- Brunch - Weekend
- Full Bar
This venue is closed.
One of the most important things about opening a restaurant, we’re told, is choosing a name. Kieter Chan and Ian Brahmstedt, partners at Le Lupanar on the Lower East Side, asked their French friends for help. “We wanted something kind of goofy, something exotic,” says and they wound up with a colloquial word for brothel. Brahmstedt’s menu, colored by stints at San Francisco’s Jardinière and La Table, reads more refined, with dishes like braised lamb shoulder with rutabaga and baby carrot, and filet of beef in an olive jus sauce.
- Scientists â€‹Pretty Sure Humans Could Eat Food Grown in Martian Soil
- Another Restaurant Bites the Dust on Clinton Street
- A Talented Pastry Chef Will Open a New Bakery in the Rockaways
- This 3-D Food Printer Actually Makes Pizza So You Don’t Have To
- Bergen Hill Relocates to Noho With a Seafood-Heavy Menu