Le Pain Quotidien
Mon-Fri, 7am-7pm; Sat-Sun, 8am-7:30pm
Nearby Subway Stops
1, 2, 3 at 96th St.
American Express, MasterCard, Visa
- Notable Chef
- Beer and Wine Only
Belgian chef Alain Coumont, the globe-trotting founder of the bakery-café chain Le Pain Quotidien, bakes rolls for Jean-Georges Vongerichten and Alfred Portale, supernally buttery croissants, and the best baguettes in town. But Coumont himself remains devoted to pain au levain, a naturally fermented whole-wheat sourdough, even though it's vexingly sensitive to the vagaries of temperature and temperament.
- Scientists Pretty Sure Humans Could Eat Food Grown in Martian Soil
- Another Restaurant Bites the Dust on Clinton Street
- A Talented Pastry Chef Will Open a New Bakery in the Rockaways
- This 3-D Food Printer Actually Makes Pizza So You Don’t Have To
- Bergen Hill Relocates to Noho With a Seafood-Heavy Menu