- READER REVIEWS
Sun-Mon, 5pm-10pm; Tue-Sat, 5pm-11pm
Nearby Subway Stops
1 at Christopher St.-Sheridan Sq.
American Express, Discover, MasterCard, Visa
- Late-Night Dining
- Private Dining/Party Space
- Online Reservation
- Full Bar
- Make a Reservation with opentable.com
If New York has a neighborhood akin to Paris's Rive Gauche, the storied bohemian district, we suppose it would have to be that former writer-and-artist enclave the West Village. So it's fitting that Laurence Edelman and Micheline Gaulin (the Mermaid Inn, the Red Cat) should call their sparely appointed neighborhood restaurant Left Bank. However, don't let the name fool you into expecting traditional bistro fare; instead, Edelman's menu roams across several cuisines, including French (pork rillettes), Italian (spaghetti alla vongole), and New American (paccheri & cheese). Throughout, there's an emphasis on seasonal produce, sustainable meats and seafood, and local ingredients. The whitewashed, airy space appears sparse, though soon you'll find a rotating selection of art on the walls, curated by an artist friend of the owners.
- Scientists Pretty Sure Humans Could Eat Food Grown in Martian Soil
- Another Restaurant Bites the Dust on Clinton Street
- A Talented Pastry Chef Will Open a New Bakery in the Rockaways
- This 3-D Food Printer Actually Makes Pizza So You Don’t Have To
- Bergen Hill Relocates to Noho With a Seafood-Heavy Menu