- READER REVIEWS
Sun-Mon, 5pm-10pm; Tue-Sat, 5pm-11pm
Nearby Subway Stops
1 at Christopher St.-Sheridan Sq.
American Express, Discover, MasterCard, Visa
- Late-Night Dining
- Private Dining/Party Space
- Online Reservation
- Full Bar
- Make a Reservation with opentable.com
If New York has a neighborhood akin to Paris's Rive Gauche, the storied bohemian district, we suppose it would have to be that former writer-and-artist enclave the West Village. So it's fitting that Laurence Edelman and Micheline Gaulin (the Mermaid Inn, the Red Cat) should call their sparely appointed neighborhood restaurant Left Bank. However, don't let the name fool you into expecting traditional bistro fare; instead, Edelman's menu roams across several cuisines, including French (pork rillettes), Italian (spaghetti alla vongole), and New American (paccheri & cheese). Throughout, there's an emphasis on seasonal produce, sustainable meats and seafood, and local ingredients. The whitewashed, airy space appears sparse, though soon you'll find a rotating selection of art on the walls, curated by an artist friend of the owners.
- You Can Feel Good About Eating This Inception Doughnut Because It’s Vegan
- Roberta’s Set to Take ‘Significant’ Investment From Tisch Family Member
- Watching a Machine From the 1800s Make Candy Is a Surprisingly Satisfying Way to End the Week
- NYC Can Start Fining Restaurants for Salt-Label Violations
- Broadway’s Megan Hilty Eats Her First Proper Dinner at Sardi’s