Nearby Subway Stops
F, J, M, Z at Delancey St.-Essex St.; B, D at Grand St.
American Express, MasterCard, Visa
- Open Kitchens / Watch the Chef
- No Alcohol
Hester St. to 1st St., FDR Dr. to Lafayette St.
This venue is closed.
The owners of this sandwich shop have created a light, roomy space out of a tiny hole-in-the-wall, in one of the city’s denser neighborhoods. The room feels calm, not crowded, thereby making it a particularly serene spot for prolonged people-watching. The menu, which includes a “build your own sandwich” option, is concise, highlighted by the Broome Shroom—olive bread framing a juicy portabello mushroom swathed in fragrant basil pesto. Despite the focus on sandwiches, the soups and salads are filling and market-fresh. The watercress and avocado salad, with mounds of greens and just the right amount of walnuts and shavings of Parmesan, is dressed in a tangy citrus vinaigrette.Recommended Dishes
Watercress and avocado salad, $9.25; Broome shroom sandwich, $8.75
- Scientists â€‹Pretty Sure Humans Could Eat Food Grown in Martian Soil
- Another Restaurant Bites the Dust on Clinton Street
- A Talented Pastry Chef Will Open a New Bakery in the Rockaways
- This 3-D Food Printer Actually Makes Pizza So You Don’t Have To
- Bergen Hill Relocates to Noho With a Seafood-Heavy Menu