Nearby Subway Stops
1 at Rector St.
American Express, Diners Club, Discover, MasterCard, Visa
- Business Lunch
- Outdoor Dining
- Private Dining/Party Space
- Smoking Area
- Online Ordering
- Beer and Wine Only
South St. to Canal St., East River to Hudson River
- Order Delivery with seamless.com
This venue is closed.
When New Yorkers think about where to go for good, authentic Chinese food, they do not factor in water views, birds twittering in treetops, and breeze-swept outdoor-terrace dining—none of which is readily available in any of the city’s frenetic Chinatowns. But Liberty View, a posh place situated along the Hudson River Park’s south cove in Battery Park City, could change all that. A boon for the insular, underserviced neighborhood, not to mention the desk-bound workers at World Financial Center, the restaurant specializes in the cuisines of Shanghai, Sichuan, and Canton, as well as Thai, but the Chinatown-worthy specials menu, covering everything from jellyfish to the ever-popular braised lion’s head, is where it’s at. The chef comes from Shanghai and is justifiably proud of his juicy buns. But don’t let the well-intentioned server steer you away from pork dishes that are ostensibly “too fat” for non-Chinese. No such thing.
- Scientists â€‹Pretty Sure Humans Could Eat Food Grown in Martian Soil
- Another Restaurant Bites the Dust on Clinton Street
- A Talented Pastry Chef Will Open a New Bakery in the Rockaways
- This 3-D Food Printer Actually Makes Pizza So You Don’t Have To
- Bergen Hill Relocates to Noho With a Seafood-Heavy Menu