Mon-Fri, 7am-8pm; Sat-Sun, 8am-8pm
Nearby Subway Stops
L at First Ave.; L at Third Ave.
American Express, Discover, MasterCard, Visa
- Hot Spot
- Outdoor Dining
- Online Ordering
- No Alcohol
Houston St. to 23rd St., Ave. D to Fourth Ave.
- Order Delivery with seamless.com
The juice bar Liquiteria has been ministering to the East Village’s health conscious, youthful and hip since 1996. The interior is relentlessly cheerful, with bright yellow painted walls rimmed with a mural of flowers floating on a blue expanse. There are wooden counters with a handful of baby blue-cushioned stools, and benches outside as well. The smoothies, elixirs, tonics and herbal blends are sold as detoxifying and energy- and memory-maximizing. Claims aside, the cold-pressed juices here are fresh and flavorful. There’s also a small selection of vegetarian and vegan-friendly soups and sandwiches. The toothsome lentil soup, spiked with parsley and a touch of balsamic vinegar, arrives jam-packed with tender legumes and carrot cubes. The jumbo tofu dog is a virtuous take on the American classic. The boiled wiener itself is lackluster, but when garnished with organic sauerkraut, relish, grainy mustard and ketchup, it tastes pretty convincing.
New York Magazine Reviews
- You Can Feel Good About Eating This Inception Doughnut Because It’s Vegan
- Roberta’s Set to Take ‘Significant’ Investment From Tisch Family Member
- Watching a Machine From the 1800s Make Candy Is a Surprisingly Satisfying Way to End the Week
- NYC Can Start Fining Restaurants for Salt-Label Violations
- Broadway’s Megan Hilty Eats Her First Proper Dinner at Sardi’s