Nearby Subway Stops
F, J, M, Z at Delancey St.-Essex St.; F at Second Ave.
Discover, MasterCard, Visa
- Late-Night Dining
- Reservations Not Required
- Beer and Wine Only
This venue is closed.
This tiny grilled-cheesery is as cute as a mouse’s house, down to the cheese-grater chandelier and faux mousehole in the corner. Sandwiches are executed just right, too, with bread that’s consistently buttery and golden-toasted. Seasonal combinations range from butternut squash puree, sage brown butter with Asiago and Muenster; or Maytag Blue, pear puree, and Muenster. It’s fun to know that a tasty mash-up of leeks and pancetta with Gruyère and chèvre was inspired by a favorite pasta of the owners, but you might find yourself longing for a plain, old Velveeta option or maybe something called “four cheese.” (The closest thing to standard is still pretty involved, with white American cheese, tomato, and bacon.) Another quibble is the to-go packaging: While aluminum foil would keep these puppies hot for takeout or delivery, the boxes they’re placed in allow precious cheese-melting heat to escape. Salad and soup sides are serviceable, but the star is the sandwiches—just be sure to eat them before they get cold.
- Founder of Acclaimed Whiskey Brand WhistlePig Ousted Over Fraud Accusations
- Olive Garden Stakes Its Future on ‘Spaghetti Pie’
- Pravda, Another Formerly Trendy Soho Relic, Will Close Next Month
- Scientists May Have Discovered a Way to Keep Bananas Fresh at Least Twice As Long
- New York Accuses Domino’s of Helping Franchisees Steal Workers’ Wages