Nearby Subway Stops
F at Second Ave.
American Express, MasterCard, Visa
- Bar Scene
- Dine at the Bar
- Late-Night Dining
- Reservations Not Required
- Full Bar
This venue is closed.
This Lower East Side small plates and cocktails spot is happily free of the crowds and seediness of neighborhood bars nearby. Avoid the awkward, high-top wooden tables and grab a seat at the bar, doing your best to ignore the unnecessary flat-screen TV in the corner. You can make a meal of the tasty and well-priced small plates, or simply order something to nibble on. Much of the fare is French-leaning, like a stick-to-your-ribs bowl of ratatouille or a slightly dry but still satisfying croque monsieur. Less appealing is fishy-tasting octopus carpaccio with its odd bedfellow of mango salsa. How successful you deem the drinks depends on the whims of the twentysomething proprietor, Ben Demarchelier, who offers three changing quaffs daily; at $9 a pop, you can afford to take chances. Similarly, wine drinkers will be pleased to find most glasses priced at $9 and under.
- Scientists Pretty Sure Humans Could Eat Food Grown in Martian Soil
- Another Restaurant Bites the Dust on Clinton Street
- A Talented Pastry Chef Will Open a New Bakery in the Rockaways
- This 3-D Food Printer Actually Makes Pizza So You Don’t Have To
- Bergen Hill Relocates to Noho With a Seafood-Heavy Menu