Sun-Wed, noon-1am; Thu, noon-2am; Fri-Sat, noon-2:30am
Nearby Subway Stops
6, J, N, Q, R, Z to Canal St.; A, C, E at Canal St.
American Express, Discover, MasterCard, Visa
- Bar Scene
- Dine at the Bar
- Late-Night Dining
- Online Reservation
- Full Bar
- Make a Reservation with opentable.com
Keith McNally's shabby-chic bistro opened in 1989—which in hotspot years would, make it like, a hundred. It's mellowed nicely as a no-pretension neighborhood hangout for savory Gallic comfort food and generous cocktails. For many SoHo locals, the velvet-draped doorway, French film posters and menu written on the wall are as homey as their own living rooms. The hammered copper bar seats only seven, but go ahead and wait for a table. After a few of those Vanilla Shantis (Stoli Vanil, Cointreau and fresh citrus juices), you'll be craving their fluffy mashed potatoes, sauteed spinach and steak frites.
- Here’s What to Expect When Alinea Reopens
- Raccoon Lodge Closing on June 30
- Starbucks’s Plan to ‘Revitalize’ Ferguson Might Actually Work
- Pizza Inside a Delivery Box Made of Pizza Changes Everything
- Grub Street’s Restaurant Power Rankings: Jose Garces Opens, New New Nordic in Midtown, a 4-Star Tea Shop, and More