- READER REVIEWS
Nearby Subway Stops
F, G at Smith-9th Sts.
American Express, Discover, MasterCard, Visa
- Outdoor Dining
- Beer and Wine Only
This venue is closed.
Brick-oven pizza and a sturdy pasta lineup anchor the menu at this Carroll Gardens bistro. The space is a homey charmer: wrinkled cutouts of Italian landmarks pepper brushed marigold walls; a wood-fed oven holds court beside a brick bar with a well-stocked wine cabinet—and there’s a quaint backyard garden. Appetizer standouts include a deliciously meaty eggplant Parm and a tart house salad of crisp fennel strips, hearts of palm, and cherry tomatoes in a light lemon dressing. Seafood entrees such as garlic shrimp and zucchini over penne pasta taste particularly fresh after a dash of Parmesan. The menu's centerpiece is a considerable list of pies ranging from the pure marinara to more adventurous entries accented by ham, prosciutto, anchovies, and baby corn. Every variety is exceptional, with thick, lightly charred crusts leagues above the area’s slice dives.Recommended Dishes
Diavola pizza, $11.95; parmigiana di Melanzane, $9.95
- Scientists â€‹Pretty Sure Humans Could Eat Food Grown in Martian Soil
- Another Restaurant Bites the Dust on Clinton Street
- A Talented Pastry Chef Will Open a New Bakery in the Rockaways
- This 3-D Food Printer Actually Makes Pizza So You Don’t Have To
- Bergen Hill Relocates to Noho With a Seafood-Heavy Menu