Nearby Subway Stops
6 at Spring St.; B, D, F, M at Broadway-Lafayette St.
American Express, Discover, MasterCard, Visa
- Online Ordering
- No Alcohol
Canal St. to 12th St., Ave. A to Sixth Ave.
- Order Delivery with seamless.com
Delicatessen has finally opened its long-awaited macaroni-and-cheese annex, Macbar. Deli’s chef, Michael Ferraro, has created a dozen varieties of gourmet mac 'n' cheese — everything from “mac stroganoff” to “mac lobsta” to “Mayan chipotle.” No bacon-wrapped–macaroni fritters on a stick, as we predicted, but there is a carbonara variety. The joint only seats ten, so the focus will be on takeout and delivery. Of course, the Delicatessen team has gotten some trendy types involved: Vans is outfitting servers with custom shoes, and medium and large orders come in colorful macaroni-shaped plastic bowls by package designer Ron Lerner.
- Ana Gasteyer Loves a Good Mint Julep
- Starbucks New ‘Secret’ Drink Is a Ghastly Purple Nightmare
- World’s Worst Customer Injures Himself and 4 Others After Accidentally Firing His Gun at a Restaurant
- A Chef Explains Why He’s Suddenly Closing His Much-Loved Brooklyn Restaurant
- More Whole Foods Products Recalled Over Food-Safety Fears