Nearby Subway Stops
N, R at Prince St.; 6 at Spring St.
American Express, Discover, MasterCard, Visa
- Online Reservation
- Full Bar
This venue is closed.
Occupying the spot formerly known as Kenmare, MaisonO has an eclectic space with influences so widely ranging that it may as well be the set of a Quentin Tarantino film (with sixties and seventies alt-rock music and strings of Christmas lights hanging above posters). The Western-influenced Japanese menu is similar in its complete lack of organization; a collection of tapas may be ordered until midnight from any portion of the menu. Choose something super small, like a single baby scallop or sea urchin from the raw bar, while you peruse the sushi, kitchen, and yakatori grill sections of the menu. The rolls are fresh and satisfying, but it’s the meatier small plates like the crispy chicken wings with spicy miso or the tender braised pork belly that will make you a MaisonO regular. Skip dessert in favor of heading down to the bar, where the mixologist-crafted cocktails are nearly as interesting as the décor.Recommended Dishes
Chicken wings with spicy miso, $9; braised pork belly, $10
- Here’s What to Expect When Alinea Reopens
- Raccoon Lodge Closing on June 30
- Starbucks’s Plan to ‘Revitalize’ Ferguson Might Actually Work
- Pizza Inside a Delivery Box Made of Pizza Changes Everything
- Grub Street’s Restaurant Power Rankings: Jose Garces Opens, New New Nordic in Midtown, a 4-Star Tea Shop, and More