Nearby Subway Stops
1 at 103rd St.
American Express, Diners Club, Discover, MasterCard, Visa
- Beer and Wine Only
74th St. to 125 St., Riverside Dr. to Adam Clayton Powell Jr. Blvd.
- Order Delivery with seamless.com
This diminutive Upper West Side eatery on a quiet block near Broadway is a hit for three reasons: Big portions, low prices, and generally well-executed Southeast Asian comfort food. The pine walls and latticed wood ceiling impart a homey feel to the long, narrow room. The roti canai—a pancake accompanied by a peanut-y curry dipping sauce—is a favorite starter and refreshingly free of grease. The same cannot be said of the lion roll, a bland and oily concoction of minced pork and shrimp wrapped in a thin skin of fried tofu and presented like a sushi roll. The sha cha beef is a tender mountain of thinly sliced, peanut-sprinkled beef, and kari sayur campur, crunchy mixed vegetables simmering in a clay pot of thick (but light-tasting) curry.Recommended Dishes
Roti canai, $3.25; sha cha beef, $10.50; kari sayur campur, $8.25
- Fairway Market Officially Files for Bankruptcy
- Here Are 2016’s James Beard Restaurant and Chef Award Winners
- FBI Looking for Man Who Sprinkled ‘Unknown Liquid Substance’ Around Whole Foods
- Taliban Fighters Are Unimpressed With McDonald’s Food
- Grumpy Del Taco Manager Fired After Not Understanding How Easy It Is to Post a Video Online