- READER REVIEWS
Mama Duke Southern Cuisine
This venue is closed.
You'd never know from looking at it that Mama Duke is a celebrity-owned restaurant. Well, sort of. Sean “P. Diddy” Combs’ mother Janice adopted her son’s entrepreneurial tendencies in 2001, opening this modest, corner restaurant to great acclaim. Not much in the décor department, save for a portrait of Mama Duke herself (P. Diddy's grandmother) holding court, there are a few tables and chairs along the picture window. Mostly, Mama Duke is a take-out joint. Combs' idea was to reconnect the modern family through food. She offers generous portions of succulent turkey meatloaf or smothered pork chops to share with your folks in the comfort of your own home. Entrees come with traditional southern sides like collard greens, red beans and rice or candied yams. And don't forget dessert, especially the moist and sweet red velvet cake with cream cheese frosting. On Sundays they serve take out brunch, including salmon and grits.
- Scientists â€‹Pretty Sure Humans Could Eat Food Grown in Martian Soil
- Another Restaurant Bites the Dust on Clinton Street
- A Talented Pastry Chef Will Open a New Bakery in the Rockaways
- This 3-D Food Printer Actually Makes Pizza So You Don’t Have To
- Bergen Hill Relocates to Noho With a Seafood-Heavy Menu