- READER REVIEWS
Mama's Food Shop
- Brunch - Weekend
- Good for Groups
This venue is closed.
"Shut Up and Eat It" is the motto at this ever-expanding down-home, downtown soul-food operation. Grungy hipster locals chow down on carb-heavy comfort food amid garish thrift shop paintings and a porch door that never stops slamming. It's Louisiana meets the Loisaida as surly servers spoon heaping portions straight from a steam table onto your plate and Dominicans play dominoes on the sidewalk outside. Choose from a list of Mama's Basics (fried chicken, meat loaf, seared tilapia, etc.) with choice of side order, including mashed potatoes, mac & cheese, beet salad and fresh green beans--all for $12.50.
- Scientists Pretty Sure Humans Could Eat Food Grown in Martian Soil
- Another Restaurant Bites the Dust on Clinton Street
- A Talented Pastry Chef Will Open a New Bakery in the Rockaways
- This 3-D Food Printer Actually Makes Pizza So You Don’t Have To
- Bergen Hill Relocates to Noho With a Seafood-Heavy Menu